Under the direct supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, perform a variety of tasks including moving, transportation and delivery of patients throughout the hospital, clinic, and off site as necessary. Provide backup coverage for transportation of non-controlled medications.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere *** QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Using established procedures, and under the observation of the clinical representative in the care location, the Transporter properly lifts, loads, and prepares patients for transport to the desired location. Proper equipment, charts, sign-in/out procedures are followed.
- Provide the patient a safe, caring, and professional environment during their contact and assignment.
- Observe and carry out techniques established for patient verification, staff notification and special instructions as directed by the departments transporting from and the departments the patients are being transported to.
- Maintain contact with the dispatcher and other co-workers through two way radios, page, or other means, so to be available to assist co-workers in meeting the needs of the department to maintain a smooth flow of delivery.
- Observe proper isolation procedures and handle I.V.'s, foleys and hemovacs correctly.
- Responsible for maintaining all wheelchairs, stretchers, etc. in a good state of repair and properly cleaned and returning them to their proper storage locations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.