ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Monday through Friday salaried position. 0800-1630 with flexibility to meet the needs of patient care.
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits
ProHealth Care is seeking a compassionate, energetic Valve Clinic Coordinator to ensure smooth operations and clinical effectiveness of our growing TAVR Program. Candidate should be well versed in communication both verbal and written including patient contact and coordination of care as well as the coordination of weekly meetings and presentations. Knowledge of scheduling outpatient evaluations and follow-ups, implantation scheduling, maintaining the valve database and overseeing documentation (creation of order sets, etc.) of the patient experience is also required. The Coordinator works closely with physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, medical assistants, technicians, house staff and administrators, ensuring optimal care and efficiency for patients with valve disease. Experience preferred but will consider a strong registered nurse applicant with cardiac or cardiac surgery experience.
Key duties of this position include:
- Coordinates the referral process and introduction of patients into the Heart Valve Center for purposes of evaluation and assessment.
- Receives incoming referrals from physicians and hospitals and responds quickly in order to assure a rapid access into the system.
- Triages referrals according to written criteria to assure those patients' needs are met on a priority level.
- Educates the patient and family regarding the referral process, steps of evaluation, and keeps patient and family informed throughout the entire process.
- Guides and directs the continuum of care for valve patients from admission through discharge, including post-discharge care and follow-up as appropriate for this patient population
- Conducts thorough assessments of the patient as needed (e.g., clinical, psychosocial, surgical risk scoring, frailty, mobility) required by policy to make an accurate determination of the patient's qualifications for the procedure.
- Actively participates in research projects that arise from the Valve Center as directed by the Medical Director and Administrator.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing; Masters Preferred
- WI RN Licensure, or ability to obtain
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN working with a similar patient population
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.