The Archer School for Girls, an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential, is seeking a full time Choir/Musical Director beginning in August 2017. The candidate must be an exceptional accompanist, able to sight read, arrange vocal and instrumental parts, and transpose challenging music. In addition, the candidate must have experience directing competitive a cappella groups, mixed-level choirs, and expertise in supporting musical theatre productions. Experience with ProTools, Sibelius and other sound engineering is a plus.
Responsibilities include teaching Middle School Music and Upper School Songwriting courses, leading middle school and upper school choirs, winter and spring concerts, fall and spring musicals, student recitals, and performances for school events. A bachelor’s degree in music is necessary; a master’s degree is preferred. Expertise in using and integrating musical engineering technology is desired. We are looking for an innovative candidate with a knowledge of the adolescent voice and a creative approach to choral music and performance. The ideal candidate is a passionate and skillful musician/educator, who is eager to invest her/his talents in our award-winning music program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teaching five courses, serving as an advisor, and participating in extra-curricular school activities. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically. Since our mission drives our practice, interested candidates should embody our guiding principles:
- We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
- We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
- We strengthen girls’ voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
- We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
- We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.