We are currently seeking a full-time Fitness & Wellness teacher starting in August 2017. Our Fitness and Wellness program empowers girls to appreciate the benefits of physical activity through team sports, yoga, and individual activities (i.e. jump rope, running, self-defense, circuit training). Interested candidates should be skillful in teaching volleyball, soccer, football and basketball, along with non-traditional fitness activities. Experience teaching young people and a passion for coaching are a must.
Along with leading Fitness classes, candidates should feel confident teaching Human Development curriculum. This program emphasizes holistic wellness including nutrition, healthy relationships, sex education, conflict resolution, and mindfulness. The curriculum is designed to strengthen healthy habits and mindful decision-making.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of teaching experience in a fitness-related field. Our ideal candidate would be skillful in teaching athletics, coach multiple sports, and be an active contributor to our learning community. An interest and appreciation for how girls learn best is essential. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically. Since our mission drives our practice, interested candidates should embody our guiding principles:
- We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
- We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
- We strengthen girls’ voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
- We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
- We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.