The receptionist will greet, screen and direct visitors, clients and staff to the Center. Monitor security access to the building through entrances via security cameras, pick-up cards, staff ID verification and visitor sign-in roster. Receive and direct incoming calls. Operate two-way radio, as needed. Announce emergency notices. Follow Center policies and procedures, as outlined in Front Desk / Security Manual. Provide general clerical support to program services, upon request.
*Note - This is an on-call, as needed, position. There are no guaranteed hours or schedules for this position. This position is responsible for filling in for time-off requests, leave of absences, and other times when needed. Successful candidates for the position will be able to work flexible hours with short notice and will not rely on a standard number of hours to work per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the Communications Center, including telephone, two-way radios and voicemail. Direct incoming calls, respond to general inquiries, relay messages and announce emergencies. Prioritize important messages.
- Greet and direct clients and visitors. Maintain courtesy, respect and the confidential nature of services to clients. Monitor public access to all entrances to the building. Utilize cameras and access system to monitor all entrances to the Center. Verify clients’ pick-up cards. Check identification and register all visitors. Issue visitor badges and contact departments to escort visitors to appropriate destinations.
- Refer any inquiries regarding children enrolled in childcare to Admin-Services or Section Supervisors.
- Accept and record packages and deliveries; notify addressee of delivery.
- Provide general clerical support for Front Desk, Center programs and Administrative Services, when needed.
- Execute all Center policies and procedures regarding emergencies.
- Maintain all Center vehicle keys, trip tickets and vehicle log.
- Assist supervisor with daily event calendar and school age bus schedule calendar.
- Maintain clear, concise, timely communication with all program and support staff. Relays appropriate, factual client information and messages to proper staff, maintaining confidentiality.
- Act with integrity and aspire to model the core values in the delivery of all services.