| Cascade Medical (CM), a critical access hospital and rural health clinic located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade Foothills of Central Washington, is looking for a full-time Director of Accounting to manage our Accounting Department. |
Consider joining our team of caring and committed professionals. At CM, there are no corporate silos. Our entire team is accessible at all levels and cultivates a welcoming, dependable work environment. Be a part of an organization that focuses on clinical excellence while enjoying the best of life in a small town that is also a premier Washington travel destination (located ~115 miles from Seattle).
With a competitive salary, generous benefits, and potential for relocation assistance, CM allows you the combination of a work environment you can be proud of and a quality of life you deserve.
This position is responsible for the management of the Accounting Department which oversees the functions of financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable, and payroll. The incumbent will perform general accounting duties, prepare monthly financial statements and Board packets, enter financial data into the G/L, analyze and maintain G/L accounts, assist auditors in the preparation and compilation of cost reports, act as liaison for State financial audits, and provide support to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee payroll and accounts payable processes. Manage and train Accounting staff.
- Plan, develop and write department policies and procedures.
- Work with the CFO to prepare monthly financial statements and Board packets. Prepare and distributes monthly budget reports.
- Do research, compile data for and support the CFO in the development of our hospital budget. Compile and document year end audit and cost report data.
- Perform account reconciliations, journal entries and reclassifications of balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Maintain cash account balances in accordance with Country Treasurer's requirements.
- Update and monitor depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and submit monthly B&O tax along with quarterly unemployment tax and 941 filings.
- Monitor cash balances and may recommend cash transfers.
- Coordinate monthly payment posting with the Business Office to ensure proper flow of data to G/L.
- Manage, coordinate and report on QI progress toward strategic goals for the Accounting Department. Participates in facility QI activities.
- Monitor payroll processing to ensure compliance with employment contracts, personnel guidelines, CM policies, and other employment agreements.
- Research, correct and resolve all G/L problems. - Streamline and improve processes when appropriate.
- Work closely with the HR Department to collaborate on policy interpretation, wages, benefits, and reporting, including communications on ACH debit accounts for retirement and insurance premiums.
- As a Department Director, attend Leadership Team Meetings and participate fully in management meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform quality work within deadlines without supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to perform with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact professionally with employees, vendors, patients, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Collaborate with other Department Directors. Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate commitment and adherence to CM's Shared Values.