Position Title Digital Graphic Designer
Supervisory Relationship Director, Communications and Marketing
Work Location 1801 South Ashland, Chicago, IL 60608
Organization General Description
After 25 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create
vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging over $431 million in community investment.
Institutional Advancement strategically aligns and integrates public
relations/marketing/communications, resource development, and organizational leadership development to move the organization towards its aspirational self. The pillar includes two departments: Resource Development and Marketing/Communications. These areas work collaboratively with each other and other pillars across TRP to raise the visibility of the organization, increase resources, and develop and strengthen relationships with leaders who invest their time, talent, and treasure through board and committee roles, to move the organization forward. During the next five years a
key focus of this area in the pillar is the Imagine More Campaign and supporting other pillars through marketing/communications.
General Job Description
The Digital Graphic Designer provides leadership in the design, coordination and development of all graphical elements (print collateral, video, web, digital and brand-related materials). Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing and working closely with the Marketing/Communications (MarCom) team, the Digital Graphic Designer will work collaboratively to
envision and create cutting edge designs that adhere to TRP branding guidelines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with MarCom Director to create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas that work in a fully integrated manner, both online and offline.
- Work closely with MarCom Director to develop creative concepts, graphical treatments, photography, imagery, charts, text, and multimedia elements to create high-impact collateral, web, presentations (including Flash), proposals, graphics and other marketing tools.
- Responsible for managing and developing content for website(s) and social media platforms.
- Ensure creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports our brand, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging.
- Collaborate with MarCom and other department leaders to develop compelling visual concepts and themes for marketing TRP brand, services and products to diverse demographic targets.
- Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphic resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Consult and problem-solve with external printing shops and other vendors.
- Work independently and handle ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Design for highest quality and attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creation of innovative and brand-focused materials (print, web, presentations, etc.).
- Develop and update brand guidelines as needed.
- Achieve annual marketing benchmarks (i.e. growth in audience, engagement indicators, website traffic, etc.).
- Timely creation of marketing materials.
- Achieve annual outreach goals (i.e. print collateral, website updates/development, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Complete professional development goals.
- Active participation in meetings and programs.