ABOUT INSPIRATION CORPORATION
In an atmosphere of dignity and respect, Inspiration Corporation assists individuals and families affected by homelessness, extreme poverty and recent incarceration. Founded in 1989, Inspiration Corporation provides employment training, housing programs and social services for more than 2,500 people annually.
Inspiration Corporation facilitates the Lori Jericho Memorial Education Fund, which helps promising, low-income candidates, who do not qualify for government grants or other support, to further vocation-related education and training that leads to living wage employment. The Fund pays education or training-related expenses for selected individuals, including tuition, fees, and textbooks.
The Fund Administrator identifies and supports Fund recipients, and maximizes the impact of the Fund on long-term career outcomes.
RESPONSIBILITIES, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement a process for managing the Lori Jericho Memorial Education Fund.
- Conduct outreach to identify agencies that might have candidates for the Fund. Maintain relationships and communications with agencies selected to be referring partners.
- Work with selected Fund participants to support them in identifying and accessing education/job training programs that best fit their career goals.
- Maintain contact with participants during and after completion of their education or training. Maintain record of employment and outcomes for up to one year after starting employment.
- Ensure appropriate data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant applications and reports for the Fund.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of the use of the Fund.
- Demonstrate Inspiration Corporation’s Core Values.
- Exhibit professionalism and high standards in all aspects of performance.
- Ensure the efficient and effective provision of services with dignity and respect in accordance with the agency’s mission.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required; a degree in social services or a related field is preferred. Two or more years of related experience is also required. Experience with college access services or scholarship programs preferred. Strong computer skills are essential.
Main office locations: 4554 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640 (Uptown neighborhood); 3504 W. Lake Street, Chicago IL 60624 (East Garfield Park neighborhood). Maintains standard office hours. Attends evening, weekend, and early morning meetings and functions as required.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
OUR CORE VALUES
Communicate honestly. Act with compassion. Pursue growth and learning. Be humble. Take care of ourselves so we can help others. Work greater together. Create a fun and productive environment!
Inspiration Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.