The University of Southern Maine is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Coordinator of Internships in the office of Community Engagement and Career Development. Reporting to the Director, the Coordinator of Internships provides support for the development and delivery of comprehensive student internship and employment services. The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate student internship creation, placement, and assessment, with particular focus on the College of Science, Technology and Health and the College of Management and Human Service. The coordinator facilitates student placements in academic and paid internships, assists with successful employer recruitment and selection of qualified interns and employees, and coordinates special internship programs administered through CECD. CECD is an enthusiastic team of professionals providing support for students, faculty and community partners involved in internships, service learning, volunteer activities and career development. For more information on CECD visit https://usm.maine.edu/community-engagement-career-development
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at http://www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campusis located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’sbeautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campusis home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of direct experience facilitating student involvement in experiential learning (internships, service learning, clinical placements, practicums, applied research), or other similar, relevant experiences (such as facilitation of student co-curricular learning experiences)
- Minimum of one year of direct experience with career development support for undergraduates, or minimum of one year of related experience (such as academic advising, residential and/or co-curricular engagement advising, etc.)
- Evidence of direct experience engaging community partners in collaborations related to the educational activities of a college or university
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and community organizations to facilitate experiential learning.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical, writing, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience with electronic employment database systems or related systems
- 2-3 years of direct experience facilitating student involvement in experiential learning and 2-3 years of direct experience providing career development support for undergraduates, or three or more years of comparable, related experience
- Relevant career development certification or coursework
- Familiarity with NACElink CSM
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will need to create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, a cv/resume, and a list of name and contact information of at least three references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
To ensure full consideration, materials should be submitted by April 2, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.