Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinical Research Specialist - (170000H7)
University ofMaryland, Baltimore is currently seeking a Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI) Clinical Research Specialist to support clinical researchoperations in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology. This position isresponsible for ensuring design, development, documentation and implementationof research procedures and protocols involving MRI using a variety of complexactivities. Contribute towards creation of new program(s) or expansion ofexisting imaging research program(s).
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Independently performmagnetic resonance relative clinical/research activities including dataacquisition, archiving and data analysis. Develop appropriate QA/QCmethods. Assist in the development and execution of clinical researchstudies for MRI, including screening of subjects.
- Perform, develop,manage, and direct program research studies and/or project(s). Work with theLead research specialist and the manager to develop, recommend, modify andimplement policies and procedures and/or methods for clinical and laboratoryresearch. Develop protocol manuals and data collection instruments. Identifyand address issues and deficiencies and implement effective solutions. Assist with developing policies, procedures, and/or methods for clinicalresearch and laboratory experimentation to meet changing needs and requirementsand enforce standards.
- Revise studies, inconsultation with upper management or principal investigator, to meet changingneeds and requirements and enforce standards.
- Perform clinicalresearch activities including data collection, data entry, data verification,data analysis, compliance and clinical relevance of data. Conduct libraryresearch and contribute to the preparation and writing of research findings forpublication of journal articles and grant proposals.
- Performadministrative duties such as providing training and guidance to students andother clinical staff. Participate in the design of research studies.
- Ensure that qualityassurance/quality control and safety compliance aspects are strictly adhered towithin the MRI environment to enable both preclinical and human research.
- Perform day to dayoperational duties such as: monitoring the budget; and the ordering ofsupplies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education: Bachelor'sdegree in biology, medical imaging, or field of study related to the researchof the laboratory.
Experience: Three (3)years of experience in clinical research including two (2) years in radiologicalimaging. Magnetic resonance related clinical/research experience will bepreferred.
Certification: AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technology certification required. MR registrypreferred.
Preferred: Priortraining related to occupational safety and health, infection control,environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizingradiation would be considered a plus.
* Bachelor's degreein an unrelated field with at least 18 credits in a field related to theresearch of the clinic, or Bachelor's degree in unrelated field with at leastone year of experience in a field directly related to the research of theclinic. Except for qualificationsestablished by law, additional related experience and formal education in whichone has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for fullperformance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the educationor experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college creditsbeing equivalent to one year of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of andskill in the application of assurance compliance issues related to alllaboratory activities that include both preclinical and human research.
- Comprehensiveknowledge of MRI related clinical and research techniques.
- Comprehensive understandingand utilization of scientific and technical language and symbols.
- Skill ininterpretation of data and data analysis using statistical software as well asspreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to understandand utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both verbaland written communications.
- Ability to develop acollaborative team environment.
- Ability to usemeasurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Ability to networkwith, and present information to key groups and individuals including theDirector of the center and several Principal Investigators.
- Ability to use aconsultative approach to resolve issues in area of responsibility.
- Ability toparticipate in the design of research studies and assist in the preparation oftechnical procedures and reports.
- Ability to performvenipuncture for contrast related imaging studies.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
: Exempt Staff - E3304E
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Medicine - Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
: Mar 9, 2017
: Apr 11, 2017, 11:59:00 PM