| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Pathology consists of disease-specific pathologists, molecular diagnosticians, and researchers with expertise in a range of solid tumor types as well as hematopathology. Our pathologists collaborate with other specialists to customize each patient’s treatment based on his or her individual diagnosis. Molecular pathology and precision medicine are increasingly vital components of the work we do. The Department of Pathology is seeking a Pathology Office Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Pathologists' academic and research activity.
- Dedicated to providing superior service, producing quality work products, and maintaining an atmosphere of partnership and continuous improvement
- Able to work effectively in an energizing environment, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and respond to changing priorities
- Capable of performing clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy and setting priorities to see projects through completion
- An independent worker who is also a collaborative team member
- Passionate about cancer research
- Abstract data relevant to specific studies under evaluation by the pathologist
- Contact physicians and patients in accordance with study requirements, to obtain and/or clarify relevant data.
- Assist pathologist in compiling data for the preparation of manuscripts for publication. Format data for submission as necessary.
- Research and compile data from pathology computer system and various libraries for presentation at conferences, staff meetings, workshops and lectures.
- Assist Fellows with assigned research projects. Prepares slides for conferences, presentations and articles using PowerPoint.
- Establish and maintain database of abstracts, reference card file of correspondence. and bibliographies.
- Prepare correspondence, charts or other narrative and statistical materials using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Produce correspondence and book chapters that are well-formatted, accurate and within time frame established by author.
- Proofread all documents prior to submission and assure correct grammar, spelling and usage.
- Uses appropriate reference manuals to verify accuracy (medical dictionary).
- Provide administrative support as needed for pathologists
- High school degree required, Bachelor¹s degree in a STEM-related discipline preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise; familiarity with databases and research materials.
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.