The Kellogg Eye Center is a dynamic and cohesive department with guiding principles of innovation, teamwork, caring, and integrity. We are seeking an innovative, flexible, forward thinking, service oriented individual to manage a fast-paced clinic in one of the top ranked programs in the US. The preferred candidate must demonstrate excellence in leadership, team building, customer service and be adept at guiding with a proactive stance.
- Manage daily operations and clinical staff in provision of services to Comprehensive Ophthalmology patients.
- Demonstrate communication, training, mentoring and delegation skills to empower, engage, develop, and support staff.
- Collaborate with administrative, OR, billing, technical, clinical and medical staff to ensure efficient operations and delivery of services.
- Utilize metrics as a guide for decision making and best practices.
- Promote LEAN practices and principles.
- Select, hire and train staff who promote the highest level of engagement to support guiding principles of Caring, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity.
- Promote service excellence and employee satisfaction.
- Monitor patient access, flow and wait times to identify causes, both individual and systemic which lead to less than optimal patient experiences, and address and ameliorate issues which arise.
- Ensure staff awareness and compliance with best practices, institutional policies and departmental procedures.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude promoting service excellence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexible and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to meeting or exceeding the needs of our patients and referring physicians.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and collegial interactions with patients, family members, caregivers and coworkers.
- Ability to fully utilize MiChart and EMR applications to access patient information, schedule appointments, process collections and generate reports.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate effective management and leadership of staff.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with University policies and KEC guiding principles that promote Caring, Teamwork, Integrity and Innovation.
- BA or BS degree with experience in a health care setting
- Experience or knowledge in the field of ophthalmology.
- Monday-Friday with potential future expansion to including Saturdays
- Dependent on clinic operation hours
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.