Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Associate Director, FP&A will be responsible for providing decision support to help the university make value added decisions and developing and maintaining the planning and analytical tools necessary to maximize quality and financial sustainability. This position is also responsible for leading the annual operating budget process as well as compiling and providing monthly results, forecasts and annual planning processes in conjunction with several administrative divisions.
The role will entail ownership for forward looking financial projections, developing business cases and ROI analysis, ad hoc reporting and business performance measurement. The Associate Director will interact on a regular basis with university senior management, academic leadership and the broader CWU financial organization.
The ideal candidate is optimistic, open minded and curious, comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment and is passionate about the mission of the university.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Financial Analysis & Decision Support
- Partner with departments to achieve process improvements, efficiency gains, and other improvements.
- Establish KPI's, long-term financial projections, and contribute to developing cross-organizational metrics.
- Conduct research and analysis to provide management with financial data and recommendations for use in setting and realizing financial and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate financial alternatives and recommend appropriate action.
- Partner with senior business leaders to create justification and support for business decisions; and ensure that financial reports accurately reflect business performance/capabilities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of new programs/projects by comparing results with original proposals.
- Prioritize, manage, and define many projects in terms of scope, objectives, and outcomes.
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
- Communicate findings from analysis and complex ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling way to all levels of the university
Coordinate Annual University Budget
- Drive the financial planning / budgeting process.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of six year rolling forecasts for all segments
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the university's revenue and cost drivers.
- Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
Ongoing Forecast and Analysis
- Work with accounting & finance staff and other division leaders throughout the university to develop variance reporting and analysis, and monthly forecasts
- Develop and implement financial and reporting processes to help the university understand current/past performance and future potential through robust variance analysis.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and input as required to support division financial decisions, university presentations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or economics or demonstrable applicable analytical experience required
- Good strategic and tactical business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting, finance, and budgeting fundamentals
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results.
- Self-starter who is able to set priorities consistent with departmental goals and work independently
- Proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment.
- Strong financial modeling.
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience with demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Supervisory experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Systems or Business Administration
- Experience in Higher Education or Finance Management
- Experience with large ERP system (PeopleSoft/Oracle/Hyperion) or a comparable planning software preferred
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Dependent upon qualifications and experience
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 31, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Rhonda Schmidt
Title: Search Secretary
Phone: (509) 963-2326
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.