Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Gifts Processor ensures accurate processing of charitable gifts received daily by the CWU Foundation program, updating alumni and donor records in the database of record, and to generating appropriate donor acknowledgments and stewardship elements (thank you notes, scholarship mailings, annual reports, etc…) This position makes independent decisions involving proper entry of donations in accordance with IRS Regulations.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Processes charitable and non-charitable transactions received daily by the CWU Foundation in a confidential and accurate manner in accordance with IRS and CASE standards.
- Determines the proper gift entry coding (fund, gift type, etc.), and if the gift meets IRS and CASE standards for charitable giving.
- Matches gifts and constituent record updates.
- Provides monthly reconciliation with CWU Foundation.
- Identifies donor requests, issues and concerns as they arise, provide information and/or assistance, and resolve problems as needed.
- Processes daily gift acknowledgement receipts/letters in addition to information regarding donor recognition levels, pledges, recurring gifts, and employee giving.
- Updates alumni and donor biographical and demographical records, including name, address, phone, email, and other information.
- Provides ongoing stewardship elements - student scholarship thank you process, annual reports, gift reports to Deans/Development officers, tribute gift acknowledgements, and pledge reminders.
- Other duties as assigned.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Experience in data entry settings with increasing responsibilities in clerical work or equivalent education/experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use/manage constituent management database software, Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and web.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy for data entry and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of all elements of donor information.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and judgments involving the proper entry of all elements related to charitable and non-charitable transaction and to the development of appropriate donor acknowledgements.
- Knowledge and application of IRS Regulations governing charitable gifts.
- Knowledge and application of CASE Standards regarding charitable gifts and reporting.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2321/month with periodic increases up to $2994/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 23, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Todd Mildon
Title: Senior Director for University Advancement Operations
Phone: (509) 899-9038
Website: University Advancement
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.