Manager, Web Services
Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Manager, Web Services.
The Manager, Web Services will take a leadership role in the planning, implementing, and delivery of university-wide web services. The position has overall responsibility for the staff performance and operations of Web Services. Works closely with customers to identify opportunities to improve web site effectiveness, and to promote the strategic use of information technology. Insures the development of enterprise wide standards for the Web Services team, and oversees the development of streamlined and effective processes and procedures. Collaborates with and supports the Office of University Communications in maintaining effective web communications for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-10 years of web development experience, including experience designing and developing database-driven web sites, site-management, and back-end data systems.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience installing, modifying, updating and administering open source CMS software, such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Experience with web services protocols a plus.Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills and an appreciation for user needs within an academic environment.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-06-08:00
Job Posting Title:Manager, Web Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.