The Facilities and Operations Coordinator in Residential Life will contribute to the physical, environmental, security and general maintenance conditions for the Residential Facilities operation which includes 49 residence hall buildings and 1.9 million square feet of living space on campus. This position manages facility conditions in residence halls, conducts regular visual inspections of facilities, initiates and/or follows up on service orders for facility repairs of buildings and laundry machines, communicates with students about ongoing repairs and issues, manages the central key control system, tracks lock changes and lockouts for billing, adjudicates student damage charges, and communicates pertinent information concerning department policies and procedures related to residential facilities. Recruits, trains and supervises student personnel to provide support in the operations areas.
High school diploma required. Associateâ??s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of related experience, preferably in facilities or operations management, office management or similar operations capacity.
Indicate the essential job competencies. Competencies are required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job successfully.
- Demonstrated excellent skills in customer service, particularly with ability to defuse tense situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with students, parents, student organizations, and staff.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse perspectives that students and families bring to Brown, and that colleagues bring to their work â?? including those of academic, socioeconomic, culture, race and ethnicity, nationality, ability, gender, sexual identity, and intersectional identities.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs throughout duration of shift.
- Must be able to work under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driverâ??s license.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and Department of Motor Vehicle check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-09-08:00
Job Posting Title:Facilities & Operations Coordinator
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.