Animal Care Technicians clean, feed and water research animals housed in the animal care facilities. They are responsible for checking animalsâ?? health status on a daily basis. Work with over 20 different species of animals, housed in 4 different buildings at Brown University. Work with over 30 Principal Investigators and their research staff.
- High School Diploma
- Preferred: AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level. Certification will be required within one year of employment.
- Minimum one year experience working with animals.
- Working with a wide variety of animals so there is must to learn about different housing and care needs of each. There is a high risk of being bitten or scratched.
- Many tasks are done repeatedly, however, must be responsive to changes that occur with short notice.
- Some weekend and holiday work is required.
- Must wear personnel protection equipment ( masks, booties, gloves, eye protection,disposable coveralls) and other as needed.
- Must attend all required safety training.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Criminal background check required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-08-08:00
Job Posting Title:Animal Care Technician
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.