NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Nutritionist.
In this role, the successful candidate The Dietitian works with minimal supervision reporting to Director in an outpatient setting. As part of a multidisciplinary care team, the dietitian provides nutrition education and care to the patient. The primary responsibility of the dietitian is a consulting role providing patients (individually or group classes) education including evaluation,documentation, and the development, implementation and coordination of the outpatient nutrition education program to optimize postoperative outcomes and attainment of optimal weight loss and health. In addition, as a Certified Diabetic Educator, will provide diabetes self-management education and training to individuals and groups in outpatient setting according to the scope of practice, standards of practice and professional performance for Diabetes Educators.
- Plans, evaluates, andprovides individualpatient consultations andgroup education programincluding nutritionconsultation with familymembers, staff andphysicians
- Documentsconsultations/education and provides follow updata to referringphysicians
- Attends and participatesin community lectures aswell as support groups
- Participates and provideseducation programs formarketing, communitybenefit and NYU staffeducation programs
- Attends multidisciplinarypatient care rounds andpertinent clinicalmeetings as required
- Prescribes food and othernutrients includingnutritional support perprotocol or under thedirection of the MD
- Insures that patient'sneeds for special dietsand altered mealschedules are met.Identifies patient dietknowledge deficits
- Works with programdirector and coordinatoron instituting provisionalstatus as a Center ofExcellence under theASMBS guidelines
- Assists program director in program development and marketing
- Manages and requestsappropriate educationalresources as required educationprogram
- Assists in tracking for database outcomes and patient flow
- Is involved in nutrition care planning across the Continuum of Care, including in servicinginpatient dietary staff, providing preoperative and postoperative classes and follow upcare one year postoperatively for patients (outcome focused)
- Implements performance improvement strategies as identified through review of programoutcomes
- Develops and updates nutrition education manual for outpatient setting; Develops andimplements medically supervised physician monitored weight management program asneeded according to health plan requirements
To qualify you must have a Education:-Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, or equivalent Education in Nutritition that meets the CDRs education requirement for certification. Licensure/Certification:-Current Registered Dietitian Certification from the CDR. Computer Skills:-Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and an email systemOther:-Flexible and adaptable of schedule to facilitate classes, as neededKnowledge / Skills / Abilities:-Must have current knowledge of nutrition therapy and skills in educating small and large groups-Be able to work effectively under pressure by prioritizing work activities or renegotiating deadlines-Be able to give constructive feedback when teaching patients and staff-Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions-Appropriate interventions and follow up is performed on identified projects-Demonstrates organizational abilities-Demonstrates dependability-Requires strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with individuals atall levels of the organization-Must be able to work under general supervision-Must have a professional and mature demeanor-Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions,and deal effectively with confidential information.
Master of Science in Nutrition, public health or health care field preferred. Certification by the National Certification board of Diabetes Educators preferred or accumulate hours to fill the prerequisites to achieve the certification..Proficiency with the internet, PowerPoint, Access, and GroupWise experience a plus. Membership in the American Society of Bariatric Surgery preferred.Experience:-One-two years of experience as a registered dietitian
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.