NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Analyst-Compliance.
Under the direction of the Compliance and Privacy Manager, this position assumes primary responsibility for DSRIP compliance activities and other Compliance and Privacy proactive measures to ensure NYU Langones ongoing compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Further supports the Compliance and Privacy team with privacy and compliance investigations and audits.
- Assumes primary responsibility for IACERMs role in DSRIP compliance activities, including ensuring that all contracts (including Business Associate Agreements) and training requirements are met for all partners.
- Supports the Senior Analyst and Manager in privacy and compliance investigations, including any follow up training or corrective actions.
- Supports the Senior Analyst and Manager in the auditing of access to electronic health records, including any follow up actions as necessary.
- Conducts proactive privacy walk arounds and introduces new practices to the IACERM team and compliance and privacy best practices.
- Analyzes issues noted during proactive measures, investigations, and guidance inquiries to create targeted training and education opportunities.
- Monitor the Data Loss Prevention software, including email and network activity. Follow up on any issues that have been identified.
- Supports and works under the direction of the Manger to expand IACERMs oversight with respect to other entity compliance (e.g., home health agency, vendors, business associates) and auditing as necessary to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and maintains documentation with respect to business associates, including current list of contracts and contact information for ongoing compliance with the Office for Civil Rights in conjunction with the other members of the Compliance and Privacy team.
- Supports the Senior Director with Trustee Conflict of Interest matters.
- Provides support to the Senior Director and Manager in meeting federal and state reporting requirements, including the Office for Civil Rights, regarding breach notifications and any internal or external call teams set up to address patient questions, complaints with respect to a breach.
- Serves as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, obtain advice, or report compliance violations.
- Performs and participates in other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- 1 year of customer service experience dealing directly with customers and resolving issues; strong interpersonal and communications skills, ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas; Demonstrates excellence in investigation and problem-solving, with independent data collection and management; time management and multi-tasking.
- Health Care Compliance Certification.
- DSRIP experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.