NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Equipment Attendant.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for support functions relating to EEG equipment for inpatient and outpatient hospital setting.
Maintaining inventory of equipment and status of functionality.
Responsible for ordering of all supplies for all inpatient and outpatient EEG laboratories.
Trouble shooting and maintenance of all EEG equipment in order to assist NYU IT and equipment vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring that information exchanges occur among EEG tech group: between techs and supervisor, and between satellite labs and main lab.
- Maintains and routinely checks to make sure EEG technician pagers are functioning properly.
- Recognizes and attends to priorities. Notifies supervisor of conflicting priorities, and seeks direction. Plans and organizes assignments to achieve productivity and efficiency.
- Trouble shoots EEG equipment. Assists with equipment set up. Transports equipment as needed. Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Ensures that equipment is properly maintained, including replacing component items as required.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of EEG supplies and equipment at all locations (Tisch Hospital (HCC 12, Tisch 9), Kimmel Pavilion and ACC). Works with Purchasing Department regarding purchase orders. Interacts with vendors as needed.
- Sterilizes and cleans electrodes if necessary to ensure that there is a ready supply for hooking up patients.
- Maintains EEG control room and equipment storage room in accordance with Joint Commission requirements.
- Cleans and prepares portable units for video monitoring.
- Works with storage vendor on keeping records of archived information and information to be archived. Works with physicians in securing all patient DVD, CD or VHS files needed by them for conferences and studies. Maintains DVD, VHS and CD patient files in alphabetical order. Locates DVDs, CDs and VHS tapes as stated on request forms. Properly signs out/in DVDs, CDs and VHS tapes.
- Serves as a resource for the Epilepsy Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works effectively as a team member and maintains positive and open communication with other staff.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years work experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Word and MS Excel required.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Experience in maintaining inventory, checklists, sign-in/sign-out systems.
Strong leadership qualities and ability to operate within a complex environment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.