Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado’s top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you’ve always wanted. For more information about Penrose – St. Francis Health Services, visit http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 91231
Recruiter Contact: Todd Napikoski
Clinic/Department: 6255 PSF PSYCH EMERG TRIAGE TEAM
Hospital: PENROSE HOSPITAL
Must be available to cover a minimum of 48 On-Call Hours per month – including all shifts, some weekends, and some holidays
Responsible for assessment of clients in consultation and cooperation with emergency department personnel, psychiatrists, clinicians, attending physicians and managed care representatives. Provides recommendation for disposition. The Crisis Assessment Specialist may perform the following as required: face-to-face evaluations, telephone triage evaluations, respond to and/or triage patient/family complaints, assist in management of all assessment records, perform statistical analysis, and perform billing-related activities connected with assessments.
Minimum Education Requirements
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, Nursing or related behavioral health field
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Three years direct behavioral clinical experience in an inpatient, outpatient, emergency or residential treatment facility or setting
- Competence with DSM diagnostic criteria and treatment planning
- Demonstrates clinical and ethical professionalism, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Adequate and available transportation for response to various evaluation sites
- Current Colorado State License in one of the following disciplines: Clinical Psychologist (PSY), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN CNS) or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (RN NP)
- For St. Anthony North Hospital, St. Anthony Hospital, Penrose St. Francis, Porter Adventist Hospital, St. Mary Corwin and St. Thomas Moore only: Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.