Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This position is responsible for helping to generate and realize shorter-term portfolio/trading alpha opportunities for the REIT portfolios. Incumbent will draw upon deep knowledge of the REIT industry, portfolio management and or hedge fund trading experience to succeed.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with REIT fund managers to develop a strong understanding of the philosophy and approach of the REIT portfolio management process, including developing a specific knowledge of portfolio names, sectors and weightings
- Work with fund managers to create a framework for managing a "risk" budget to pursue opportunistic trading strategies/tactics to generate additional alpha for portfolios
- Develop strong working relationship with the Global Trading Team to leverage essential supply and demand information, liquidity access and idea generation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with sell-side research salesman as well as position traders and market makers in REIT securities
- Develop strong relationships on the Equity Capital Markets desks of sell-side firms with particular emphasis on wall-crossing, primary and secondary trading opportunities
- Develop an explainable, reliable and repeatable institutionalized investment process to realize short-term alpha opportunities
- Identify and implement shorter-term alpha generating strategies to augment fundamental alpha being generated by the REIT team
- Attend various clients meetings and industry events as required
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of seven to ten years of relevant portfolio management or alpha trading experience at a hedge fund, investment management firm or sell side firm is required
- Experience working in the securities markets through a hedge fund on a proprietary sell side trading desk is preferred
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. CFA and or MBA preferred
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.