Position responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Demonstrate teaching excellence, a growth mindset, professionalism, and integrity.
· Support the educational program by challenging, supporting, and engaging students.
· Successfully teach all assigned classes in accordance with grade appropriate best practices.
· Encompass a positive discipline approach in guiding student behavior.
· Develop a positive intellectual, emotional, and social environment within the classroom and a class community in which all children feel valued and a sense of belonging.
· Actively support and collaborate on school initiatives, such as events and committee work.
· Work collaboratively and maintain standards of respect, courtesy, and mutual consideration with the school community, including students, staff, and parents.
· Communicate effectively, promptly, and proactively with families.
· Use Reading and Writing Workshop models to inform English Language Arts classroom instruction and assessments.
· Prepare assessments, grades, and progress reports according to school procedures.
· Implement and integrate technology into curriculum.
· Attend faculty and division meetings including required meetings/events before the beginning of the school year and during the term of employment.