Aquasana, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of A. O. Smith corporation. Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $2.5 billion company with more than 13,800 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world's largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide.
This HR Generalist/EHS Coordinator designs, implements and monitors a variety of human resource programs for Aquasana, at our Haltom City/ Fort Worth, TX location. Anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends in partnership with business management. Provide management of Aquasana’s EHS programs, utilizing A. O. Smith’s EHS policy and programs, and ensure Aquasana maintains strict compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Human Resource Generalist:
- Employee Relations – Counseling, coaching, corrective action counseling and retirement counseling at all levels
- Assists with HR functions such as compensation and benefits administration, EEP-1 and AAP oversight, local FMLA, short term disability and long term disability administration
- Lead efforts to effectively recruit, hire, onboard, train or retrain employees, in a manner that improves overall organizational capability and builds talent pipelines
- Provide employee safety and health administration for Aquasana
- Champion and model the Aquasana and A.O. Smith Guiding Principles, Code of Business Ethics and Values
- Provide effective training and development programs to increase employee capabilities and growth.
- This position will be working primarily within our manufacturing side of the business providing support to our hourly work force.
- Provide support in one or more functional HR areas, to assigned areas of company or HR discipline, including but not limited to: recruitment, student programs, employment, employee/industrial relations, benefits/payroll administration (including various types of leaves of absence), compensation, organization development, performance management, training, educational assistance, EEO/AA compliance, diversity, international assignments/immigration, relocation, special projects and record keeping
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Lead the incident investigation process, using participative root cause analysis techniques and ensuring appropriate countermeasures are completed within a timely manner
- Administer Workers’ Compensation reporting and medical treatment coordination
- Event and conference planning and community relations event coordinator
- Written communications such as authoring announcements, policies, intranet content and general correspondence
- Develop reports as required by compliance or organizational needs
- Represent Aquasana on the A. O. Smith Global EHS Council
- Provide management of Aquasana’s EHS programs, utilizing A. O. Smith’s EHS policy and programs, and ensure Aquasana maintains strict compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Act as the Aquasana subject matter expert (SME) for EHS
- Maintain the plant ISO procedures (currently under development) and conduct internal process audits
- Lead the plant EHS team/committee
- Prepare and provide various EHS reports (e.g., OSHA incidents, energy usage, etc.)
- Provide safety/OSHA required training for employees and conduct safety audits/inspections
- Perform incident (injury) investigations and manage the claim process
- Partner with management team and employees to promote a culture of safety and environmental excellence by identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing root-cause solutions
- Implement safety programs, develop and deliver safety communication and ensure that safety policy and procedures are followed
- Oversee the collection, treatment, storage, transportation, and shipping of all wastes for safe and legal handling