Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Network and Systems Administrator.
Location: Painted Desert Campus, Holbrook, AZ
- Work directly with the Junior System Administrator to monitor, support, install and maintain network and datacenter system environments.
- Support disaster recovery and backup solutions and functions.
- Upgrade and lifecycle hardware and software as needed for enterprise system.
- ‘Sandbox’ solutions for testing and evaluation prior to approvals and implementation
- Provide consistent and quality customer service by telephone, email and in person for all NPC users (students, staff, faculty and administration).
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and test hardware and software.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain and repair computer, data communication equipment, and software using various remote access and management applications.
- Investigate and identify solutions to operational challenges.
- Assist network and computer technicians as needed by providing requested feedback and facilitating any troubleshooting/testing needed.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation related to user accounts, maintenance actions, system configuration changes, etc.
- Provide cross-discipline support for other Information Services departments and specialties.
- Complete special projects as they arise.
- Work closely with the Network and Systems Administrator and be able to assist with more advanced tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous and current versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and common Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity with virtual environments, IT security, backup & disaster recovery tools and methods.
- Fundamentals of Active Directory, Exchange serve 2010 and/or 2013, ISS, SQL Server, and File Servers.
Must have ability to:
- Organize work, assume responsibility and work independently as well as in teams.
- Learn quickly, follow detailed instructions, make independent decisions within established guidelines, and initiate fault isolation and other problem solving techniques which use “out of box” reasoning.
- Commit to providing excellent customer service.
- Identify system improvement opportunities with new and existing technology.
- Professionally accountable and work independently as well as participate on teams effectively
- Provide the initiative to improve methods and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with users by email, phone and in person.
- Effectively develop documentation and other forms of communication.
- Work with Windows networking (domain) models.
- Initiate fault isolation and other problem solving techniques with creativity and ingenuity when standard techniques fail.
- Document and communicate within all phases of a task or project (both internal to Information Services and with customers) through with 100% completion of projects/tasks.
- Interact and work well under pressure with others, including end users.
- Exercise appropriate privacy and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Log, track and report on topics of requests, projects and tasks as assigned.
- Understand conceptually how the different components associate with systems and networks interact.
Required License/Certifications: Valid driver's license required.
Application Information: Forward cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above), resume including dates of employment, copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted, and a list of five current professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers to:
ATTN: Human Resources Department
Northland Pioneer College
PO Box 610
Holbrook AZ 86025
Email: Jobs@npc.edu (Please be sure to use attachments for all required application materials. DO NOT copy and paste information into the site)
Submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required verification document upon hire.
Closing Date: March 19, 2017
Compensation: Initial salary range of $34,946 to $44,032 depending on education and experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
Questions: Contact the Human Resources Department at 928-524-7473 or Jobs@npc.edu