PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center's Family Birth Center has a .9 FTE Night shift L&D RN opportunity available.
Come live, work and play in the Pacific Northwest with us!
If you have a passion for providing superb care for patients and have L&D experience, we’d love to speak with you! We have 40 modern birthing suites with laborists and 24/7 CRNA coverage to support our RNs with 2,900 births each year.
We are located in Vancouver, Washington where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural amenities including skiing, water sports, hunting, biking, fishing, fine dining, theatre and so much more.
When you choose to work at PeaceHealth, you can:
Live and work in the scenic Pacific Northwest where we have mild seasons offering year-round outdoor activities
Receive relocation assistance and pay incentives for BSN, MSN, and certs
Align with a Mission-driven organization
Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package
Please contact our Nurse Recruitment team: RNRecruitment@peacehealth.org to learn about career possibilities with PeaceHealth,
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1.Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2.Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3.Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4.Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5.Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing. Must have completed (within last two years) or completed formal fetal monitoring program within orientation period.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 year acute care nursing experience for mother/baby area. Minimum 1 year labor and delivery nursing experience within last 2 years for labor and delivery area. Minimum 6 months nursing experience providing lactation education and practice for postpartum lactation area. (May have equivalent combination of education and/or experience for all of the above areas.)
- Preferred: BSN. 6 months mother/baby nursing experience. 2 years labor and delivery nursing experience. Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC). International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, WA, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $34.15, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS