Basic Function: To raise philanthropic funds via grants from foundations, corporations and government entities.
Reports to: Executive Director, Oak Park River Forest Infant Welfare Society
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions: The Director of Grants is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of grants. This position will play a vital role in securing the private dollars necessary to sustain the IWS and its Children’s Clinic in Oak Park, IL. This is a part-time (24 hours per week) position.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Seek funding for OPRF IWS programs from private foundations, corporations, and other sources by researching and devising approaches, including calls and visits, to prospective funders.
- Work with program staff to draft persuasive grant proposals, letters of inquiry and reports and ensure timely submission to funders;
- Manage grants-related administrative tasks, recordkeeping and correspondence;
- Maintain current data on and keep abreast of OPRF IWS’ work as background information for proposals and reports;
- Conduct prospect research on a regular and ongoing basis to identify new funding opportunities.
- Develop relationships with prospective institutional donors, including cultivation of immediate and long term prospects. Co-leads site visits.
- Work with Executive Director and Finance Director to prepare the timely delivery of financial reports and related financial documents.
- Develop systems to ensure compliance with all funder requirements, policies and procedures.
- Maintain electronic and hard files of all grant research, program background data, proposal submissions and funder communication using the organization’s database and other tracking vehicles.
- Maintain and updates calendar system to track grant deadlines, grant status, and communicates submissions, confirmations and declines to program staff and administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven grant writing and fundraising skills
- Familiarity with healthcare industry and Medicaid population a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines and fundraising goals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required