The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day management and coordinate all program activities for advanced education nursing project in the School of Nursing funded by the Health Services Resources Administration (HRSA). This position reports to the Project Director, Dr. Merrie Kaas.
Administrative/Grant Management (70%)
- Provide overall coordination and project management for the objectives of HRSA funded advanced education nursing project, Enhancing Interprofessional Integrative Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Education to Address Health Care of Persons with Psychiatric Disorders and Other Chronic Conditions.
- Manage flow of events and project activities and make necessary adjustments to ensure that operational components associated with the project (communications, internal and external faculty/client involvement, equipment needs, budget, etc.) are completed.
- In collaboration with the PI, ensure that the project plans are implemented according to timelines and within budget, including the provision of support/guidance to project faculty to ensure that project objectives, timelines and deliverables are met.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external agencies and community partners as appropriate.
- Oversee, manage, and monitor grant budget financial transactions and contracts. Manage grant activities and grant budget in compliance with federal and university guidelines. Coordinate post-grant management with Office of Nursing Research, Business Office, and Sponsored Projects Administration. Work with vendors to negotiate contracts for grant activities. Analyze and report on budget outcomes to PI’s and HRSA.
- With PI and project evaluators, plan and conduct systematic, on-going evaluation of activities and grant outcomes. Assist in the development of evaluation tools and help with conducting program development and evaluation activities (e.g., needs assessments, program evaluation). Collate and organize evaluation information and work with project PI to prepare and submit in-depth reports of grant activities for HRSA, School of Nursing administration, and other University offices. Coordinate, organize and manage collection, updating and storage of data.
- Provide and coordinate outreach activities and communications with staff and offices within the School of Nursing, Academic Health Center, University, HRSA, and appropriate external offices,
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of publicity materials for the project, including project newsletter.
- Prepare, direct and/or collaborate in the preparation of articles for publication or public presentations regarding the project.
- Facilitate regular and timely communication with external audiences associated with the projects.
Event/Meeting Coordination (10%)
- Organize and schedule project-related training events, workshops, travel arrangements, and project meetings.