University of Minnesota
School of Music
Executive Office & Admin Specialist (1885)
Hourly Salary Range: $15.70 - $26.41 (DOQ)
Position is represented by AFSCME Clerical Bargaining Unit. Dues or Fair Share deductions will be made.
The University of Minnesota’s School of Music is searching for an experienced Executive Office & Admin Specialist as part of the administrative team. The person in this position ensures smooth operations in the areas of administration, front office support, including the first point-of contact for the administrative office, and financial services support for faculty, staff and students within the School of Music. This person will assist with the preparation of fiscal documents in the on-line data system, and communicate and problem-solve with faculty, staff, and the fiscal services team. This is a 100 percent time, continuing appointment and reports to the Chief of Staff.
Departmental Fiscal Duties (50%)
• Serve as primary interface between fiscal services team members and faculty, staff, and students in the School of Music
• Collect, prepare, and process a) purchasing card data, b) documents from faculty and staff for travel and expense reimbursements, and c) cash deposits and foundation deposits according to established procedures.
• Research and explain relevant fiscal policies and procedures to faculty and staff.
• Manage purchasing activities, including U Market purchases, receipt of supplies and equipment, PO’s for hotels, and necessary data entry into PeopleSoft
• Prepare and process vendor set-up forms
• Collaborate with faculty on Professional Services Information Sheet (PSIS) and Statement of Work for Professional Services requests
• Assist the director and Chief of Staff with searches (faculty, staff and/or instructional staff), promotion and tenure cases, and special projects and administrative assignments, as needed. Research and explain U of M policy on above areas as needed.
• Prepare and process travel/expense reimbursements for the director, including documenting detailed justifications
• Assist with processing hiring related paperwork; e.g., background check requests, payroll information forms, position management forms, Human Resource Information Forms
• Collect, prepare, and/or verify appropriate hiring documents for student hires, including Intersections entry of Undergrad Student hires
• Take faculty meeting minutes
• Coordinate student teacher placement data and payments
• Assist administrative staff with projects; e.g., communications and recruitment related activities
• Supervise student assistant in data entry (purchasing card transactions, expense reimbursements) and filing, approve time card entries
Front Office Support (20%)
• First point-of contact for School of Music Administrative Office
• Answer multi-line phone, greet visitors to administrative office (FergH 200) and refer to appropriate personnel
• Manage the Director’s calendar, including meeting/luncheon/dinner and business travel arrangements
• Monitor calendars and schedules for staff in the Administrative Office (FergH 200)
• Pick up and drop off mail and other deliveries for FergH 200
• Maintain key database and provide keys to TAs, faculty, and staff as needed
• Assist with access to classrooms and faculty studios as appropriate
• Process, stock and order supplies, including Printing Services stationery and business card orders and special requests
• Maintain conference rooms and assist with meeting set-up and clean-up, including food orders and weekly sweep of kitchen facility