This position provides friendly, professional, quality student service. Services are integrated, multifunctional and support the diverse needs of the students at the University of Minnesota, Morris. Requires exceptional customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, competent grasp of technology, a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of One Stop Student Services. The position includes some night and weekend responsibilities with occasional travel. The position requires a sensitivity, knowledge and understanding to work effectively with people from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
This position provides additional support for the growing American Indian student population along with all students seeking One Stop support. The position will work collaboratively with other campus offices and programs to support the building of strong working relationships with American Indian tribal education directors, tribal college financial aid staff, and other American Indian education leaders.
70% Program Management
• Participates in One Stop program development and serves as the lead on assigned projects.
• Explains federal, state and university policy and procedures and exercises authority to implement changes.
• Advises, investigates and resolves student cases in the areas of enrollment, financial aid, billing and payment, veteran services and student employment.
• Conducts one on one financial literacy and wellness meetings for students and parents.
• Assist students, families, faculty and staff in understanding and accessing the American Indian Tuition Waiver, American Indian scholarship programs and resources.
• Reviews American Indian Tuition Waiver applications and appeals - convenes American Indian Tuition Waiver review and appeal committee as needed.
• Serves on American Indian scholarship selection committees.
• Develops working relationships with Minnesota and regional American Indian tribal education directors, tribal colleges, and other organizations committed to college access and success for American Indian students.
• Represents the department at campus programs supporting American Indian students, fostering cultural awareness, and building collaborations with Minnesota’s Indian communities.
20% Program support
• Provides counsel to supervisor(s) and brings forward student issues and concerns.
• Provides consultation and training to other departments and communities.
• Serves as a resource on One Stop initiatives.
10% Committees and other duties as assigned
• Serves on committees and participates in professional organizations.
• Attend all mandatory training/conferences required for position.
• Complete other duties as assigned.