To provide special events program support to the Parking and Transportation Services (PATS) department for the 2,000+ events and 175,000+ visitors to campus annually. Effectively plan and manage parking resources during events by ensuring that visitors, faculty, staff, and all event parking needs are met on the UT Arlington campus.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates the event parking request process and event calendar. Serves as departmental liaison for all special events parking coordination.
- Communicates with internal and external clients to ensure the requested event parking achieves the best parking outcome.
- Plans and communicates Parking and Transportation resources needed for special events, including official visitors, small-scale events, and large-scale events.
- Supervises full-time, part-time, and student personnel assigned to the event operations duties of the office of Parking and Transportation Services, including hiring, training, performance review, discipline and staff development.
- Responsible for budget management including event estimates, processing, and collection of funds to maintain sound financial status.
- Determines special event permit fees based on requestor relation to the University. Handles routine administrative tasks on a daily basis, including parking permit sales.
- In certain situations, place proper parking equipment such as cones, chains, and barricades in requested spots at requested times.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in field related. Two years experience coordinating or administering a program or the equivalent experience. Must have excellent computer skills, professional demeanor, and show attention to detail and customer service. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of general parking map, practices and procedures.
Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas and possess an acceptable driving record.
Bachelor’s degree in a service or business related field and two or more years working in parking and transportation environment. Previous staff management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Demonstrated ability to motivate subordinates, build teams and provide excellence in customer service both internal and external to the department.
Skill in analyzing and organizing information.
Skill in components of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships inside and outside the department at all levels.
Ability to provide leadership.
Strong interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to improve operations.
Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
Ability to pass a thorough criminal background check.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: Yes