This position works with 3 units of Parking and Transportation to manage the day-to-day operations of special events, transportation, and enforcement to support the vision and strategic plan of Parking and Transportation Services. This position supervises all parking enforcement initiatives, event parking arrangements, and transportation services.
- Maintains traffic and parking enforcement program. Oversees collection and management of various fees and fines relating to parking and transportation. Makes collection policy decisions, initiates collection proceedings and supplemental sanctions for repeat violators. Coordinates revenue collection following all security and cash handling policies and procedures. Conducts citations appeals process and oversees appeals committee volunteers.
- Supervises Parking and Transportation resources needed for special events, including official visitors, small-scale events, and large-scale events.
- Manages transportation resources, staffing, and operations including multiple vehicle-type fleets, daily and safety routes, staff development, continual training, and rental program.
- Supervises full-time, part-time, and student personnel assigned to the office of Parking and Transportation Services, including hiring, training, performance review, discipline and staff development.
- Responsible for budget management including expenditure justification and approval, timecard authorization, and regular review of financial statements adjusting expenditures (labor, materials, supplies and services) in accordance to income fluctuations to maintain sound financial status.
- Develops computerized records and information management systems in support of program. Prepares reports for management.
- Recommends strategies to alleviate traffic and parking congestion and hazards.
- Coordinates enforcement practices with Police personnel.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, urban or transportation planning or a related field. Three years progressively responsible transportation and parking management experience, including one year in a supervisory or lead capacity or the equivalent experience. Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas and possess an acceptable driving record.
Master’s degree in a related field of study and five years progressively responsible transportation and parking management experience, including three years in a supervisory or lead capacity. CDL with passenger endorsement, TXDOT certified trainer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Must have thorough knowledge of fee-based parking systems, traffic and parking control devices, revenue control procedures, computerized recordkeeping systems, transportation systems, parking space allocation and design, survey/research techniques, current relevant laws and conflict management.
Must have proven history of maintaining financial stability and the successful application of marketing techniques.
Demonstrated ability to motivate subordinates, build teams and provide excellence in customer service both internal and external to the department.
Skill in analyzing and organizing information.
Skill in components of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships inside and outside the department at all levels.
Ability to provide leadership.
Strong interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to improve operations.
Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
Ability to pass a thorough criminal background check.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Open Until Filled: Yes