Research Compliance Assistant University of California, Santa Cruz Office of Research Compliance Administration JOB #: 1707042
FULL TIME; CAREER Starting Salary Range: $20.62 - $24.20/hourly. Salary commensurate w/qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
The Office of Research Compliance Administration (ORCA) is an administrative division of the Office of Research at the University of California Santa Cruz campus. The University of California has a responsibility to ensure that any research conducted by students, staff or faculty at UCSC is conducted in compliance with University, local, state, federal and funding agency regulations. ORCA provides guidance, education and assistance with administrative processes to faculty, researchers, staff and students in areas of research compliance which currently include: human and animal subject's protection, stem cell research, research conflicts of interest, and research misconduct, export and other areas as they arise.
- Organizational skills; sufficient to maintain reports, records and manuals.
- Ability to maintain strict attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong writing skills to be able to prepare reports and presentations for different audiences (e.g. reports for principal officers, university committees, faculty and students).
- Proven ability to work independently and establish work priorities with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker.
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.