Nurse Practitioner University of California, Santa Cruz Student Health Services JOB #: 1707040
FULL TIME; PARTIAL YEAR CAREER Full Salary Range: $41.43 - $52.55/hourly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
[Under the general direction of the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Supervisor and in accordance with standardized procedures, provides primary ambulatory care, as part of the Student Health Services health care team. Assesses health status: evaluates and manages illnesses or injuries; provides initial psychological evaluation; promotes wellness, disease prevention and health education; coordinates appropriate follow-up care, referrals and case management. May serve on health center committees. Provides input for continuous improvement of services. Understands the principles of practicing as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and the importance of the primary care provider in the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Three or more years of post-training experience in providing out patient primary care management to adults including both medical and psycho social assessments and treatments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening skills; Ability to receive and give clear and concise information
- Demonstrated competency in working on a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills with ability to prioritize a high-volume workload, and work independently under time pressures with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on several tasks concurrently with frequent interruptions; ability to maintain concentration in a fast-paced environment
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.