| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse Radiation Oncology Interventional Unit\Radiation Simulation Unit
(12 noon-10 pm shift)
Hours: 10 hours flexed Monday - Friday
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Nursing at MSK
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintains high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care.
- Assess Oncology patients receiving Radiation therapy and associated toxicities in both the inpatient and ambulatory setting.
- Administer IV hydration, electrolyte replacement, and medication administration.
- Perform Skin Care, mouth sprays, and voiding trials
- Care for and administer contrast to patients receiving PET/CT and MRI procedures
- Insert IVs and place Foley Catheter
- Perform patient assessment and offer patient education and symptom management
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of related medical/surgical experience required
- 1.5 -2 years of oncology experience highly preferred
- Oncology patient management strongly preferred
- Patient education skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.