| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Research Finance unit within the Office of Research and Project Administration at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) is responsible for the overall fiscal management of clinical research at MSK from protocol budget development through revenue management. The Clinical Research Budget Analyst works directly with the Manager of Clinical Research Finance on all aspects of clinical research budgets.
- Develop, review, negotiate and approve all clinical research budgets associated with any non-exempt IRB/Privacy Board protocols Information Management & Training Support
- Partner with Research Management staff, Principal Investigators, Contract Managers and Fund Managers in the clinical departments, Research Fund Managers and other Clinical Research Finance team members in Research and Project Administration, and the Clinical Research Contracting staff in Clinical Research Administration to ensure complete, comprehensive, accurate and timely budgets
- Comply with Human Participant Protection & Regulatory Compliance requirements and assist with updating departmental policies to meet federal and institutional guidelines as needed
- Work independently and collaboratively on special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- A selfless team-player, eager to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- A dedicated administrative professional, accountable for your work, and invested in MSK’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 4 years experience in clinical research or financial field, preferably in an oncology setting.
- Experience with financial implications of clinical research strongly preferred.
- Experience in clinical research financial management and oversight including but not limited to experience in budget development, clinical trials agreements, invoicing, and/or fiscal management preferred.
- Experience with clinical trial operations preferred.
- The ability to apply a broad range of technical and specialized knowledge and significant job-related experience to handle complex work assignments.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written and the ability to interact and communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Administrative skills required include prioritization, time management, and ability to develop and analyze reports.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.