Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
Leads the custodial operations of the Student Union at CWU, to include Leading, training, assigning, scheduling, and reviewing the work of staff to accomplish program goals while ensuring a safe, clean, and quality atmosphere for the patrons of the Student Union. Responsible for a portion of the daily hands on custodial tasks in the Student Union. Implements and reviews procedures to ensure cohesion with the Student Union's program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Thoroughly understands the various specialty surfaces throughout the Student Union and the different cleaning and care practices for each. Supports and promotes Student Union programs while communicating and building relationships with campus clientele and Student Union patrons.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Custodial, Supplies & Safety:
- Provides weekly updates on the status of custodial projects, and/ or new challenges, needs, and concerns.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of all floor surfaces within the Student Union including using automated equipment, manual mops, and brooms.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of the Ballroom, Theatre, halls, lobbies, meeting rooms, and restrooms.
- Responsible for the adequate stocking of consumable supplies for use by the Student Union Custodial staff.
- Manages the daily laundry process for necessary custodial cleaning supplies.
- Responds to on-demand custodial needs throughout the Student Union.
- Daily vacuuming, emptying of garbage & recycle containers, dusting, and execution of annual deep carpet cleaning.
- Communicates verbally, through written communication, or email with the Building & Grounds Supervisor and the Director of the Student Union.
- Inspects building daily to identify life safety issues, damage, maintenance, or custodial needs.
- Prioritizes cleaning needs in the Student Union.
- Schedules and coordinates quarterly cleaning tasks and documents completed work.
- Orders and inventories supplies. Maintains safe, organized, and well stocked custodial closets.
- Researches and recommends new products and / or cleaning procedures.
- Maintains current MSDS statements for all cleaning products used in the Student Union.
- Keep accurate files and records of user manuals for all equipment utilized by the custodial staff.
- Ensures custodial equipment is in proper working order and recommends repairs to the Building and Grounds Supervisor of the Student Union & Recreation Center as necessary.
- Assigns and checks work and provides training.
- May provide feedback to supervisor to assist with work assignments and job performance.
- Provides detailed communications and instruction to staff whose work shift do not allow for regular face to face interaction.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Experience performing custodial work in a commercial environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lead others by giving daily direction on work that needs to be performed and reviewing work after completion.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products such as Word and Excel. With the ability to learn our project management application, work flow program.
- Experience using computer software to record hours worked and/or leave requests
- Valid Washington State Driver's License.
- Excellent Customer Service experience.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position as described in the qualifications, working conditions, and job duties.
OR applicable combination of experience and/or training which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience using email software such as MS Outlook.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Practical working knowledge of custodial supplies, cleaning chemicals and floor care products.
- Experience moving and setting up office furniture, partitions, and cubicles.
- Practical working knowledge of equipment such as steam cleaners, floor scrubbers, polishers, pressure washers and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Teamwork: Develops, fosters and maintains professional working relationships. Works both as a team member and individually with little or no direct supervision; participates and promotes cooperation to achieve objectives.
- Integrity: Respects and maintains confidentiality. Earns and fosters trust though consistent honesty and professionalism.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for quality and timeliness of work. Arrives at work on time, takes instruction and
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adjusts to changes in work environment and/or work assignments. Adapts approach to and methods to achieve results.
- Self-Management: Effectively manages time and priorities to achieve desired objectives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Helps create a work environment that embraces and promotes diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2321/month with periodic increases up to $2994/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / WFSE Bargaining Unit 1 |
This position may include full time weekday duty (Monday and Friday). Work environments will be both indoors and outdoors. Indoor conditions will range from university office environments to maintenance shops and will include exposure to noise, dust, cramped spaces, etc. Outdoor environments will include exposure to heat and inclement weather and may include periods of daylight and darkness. In all environments the employee will be exposed to environmental distractions and risks associated with using hand and power tools and will be expected to observe applicable safety precautions. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The physical demands of this position include but may not be limited to: standing, walking, seeing, driving, climb ladders/scaffolding, working from heights, twisting, reaching, grasping, kneeling, and repetitive movement of all appendages. Incumbent will be required to lift, carry, push, pull or move medium to heavy loads up to 50 lbs., often repeatedly. Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position. Occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 22, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Otto Bach
Title: Building & Grounds Supervisor
Phone: (509) 899-2026
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This is a Bargaining Unit I position and incumbent, as a condition of employment, will be required to become a member of the Washington Federation of State Employees, AFL-CIO, or pay a representation fee or a non-association fee within thirty calendar days from date of hire.