NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Integrity Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate Reporting to the Senior Manager, Professional Billing, and the Revenue Integrity Analyst is responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing charge capture initiatives and processes to improve revenue management and revenue protection and ensures the overall integrity of the charge capture process. The incumbent will also assist with the identification of front end operation improvements in the Faculty Practices
- Conducts internal audits and reviews activities to improve the revenue cycle, claims production and coding integrity.
- Works directly with Faculty Practice Billing Coordinators on developing and maintaining solvency within each practices revenue cycle. Review, monitors and tracks charge and edit work queues of each billing coordinator and provide support if needed.
- Implements charge capture corrective measures and monitoring tools to ensure sustainability of changes; performs, reviews, and monitors statistics and key performance indicators to identify improvement opportunities.
- Performs various financial analyses and provides recommendations based on activities. Review monthly FGP revenue cycle metrics for areas of improvement within practices.
- Performs charge reconciliation process to ensure that charges are captured.
- Reviews, monitors, and facilitates implementation of billing and coding changes affecting charge capture processes in accordance with payer requirements.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external teams to ensure integration and alignment of department priorities.
- Provides guidance and education related to billing and charge capture of services to multiple staff levels; facilitates proper recording of transactions in compliance with state, federal, and other third-party payer guidelines.
- Identify front-end operation improvements and assist with the conduct re-retraining.
- Conducts special projects and special studies to facilitate revenue management as required for system conversions, new facilities/acquisitions, new departments, new service lines, changes in regulations, legal reviews, etc.
- Analyzes billing error and denial data to identify root causes. Executes on work plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- Leads and participates in moderately complex projects related to revenue cycle initiatives.
- Monitor the Ambulatory Open Encounters report to ensure that charges are submitted timel.
- Provides onsite support and assistance for new practices; train the staff on workflows and EPIC Charge and Edit work queues.
- Assist with special projects on as-needed basis.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree and 4-6 years of auditing, revenue cycle management experience in a health care environment or combination of equivalent education and experience. Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, effectively presenting information to management, faculty practice groups and individuals. Excellent organizational and project management skills. Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.Well-developed research skills. Strong knowledge of revenue cycle process, revenue integrity and its impact throughout the revenue cycle. Knowledge of: Current Procedures Codes (CPT) and International Class of Diseases Codes (ICD9/10) utilized in medical billing; medical billing software; healthcare billing including Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payers; terminology utilized in medical billing; English usage, grammar, and spelling; basic math.Ability to: plan, schedule, assign, coordinate, and evaluate the work of billing staff; provide training; read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures; draw conclusions, and make recommendations; exercise independent judgment; maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, superiors, and others; maintain confidentiality.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.