| POSITION DETAILSBorough of Manhattan Community College seeks an experienced individual who has the ability to work independently and as part of a successful BMCC Learning Academy team serving a diverse student population. The ideal candidate will provide a supportive environment and have the ability to easily build rapport and professional relationship with students, staff and the community.BMCC Learning Academy (BLA) offers to students an integrated and comprehensive system of support from the point of admission to graduation or transfer out. The key program features include a consolidated block schedule with high impact activities, faculty mentorship, comprehensive advisement, academic success workshops and connection to all student support services and campus resources. Further information is available at http://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/learningacademy/.The Borough of Manhattan Community College Early Alert Program is aligned with the mission of the college to enhance the intellectual and personal growth of our students through the integration of academic and student support services. The Early Alert Program is designed to identify and address student issues in a timely fashion to facilitate degree completion, graduation and transfer. The Early Alert Program provides a structure that involves faculty in a proactive strategic and systemic process to detect academic issues and provide targeted interventions to resolve these issues.Reporting to the Director of the BMCC Learning Academy, the preferred candidate will be responsible for the CUNY Title Overview, but not limited to, the following:|
* Serve as the primary campus contact for BMCC Early Alert software (such as Starfish Retention Solutions) both internally and externally;
* Assist in implementation and management of Early Alert system college-wide;
* Provide training and ongoing support for Early Alert system to administrators, faculty, advisors, and students;
* Prepare analytical reports on Early Alert system;
* Ensure tracking and documentation of Early Alert activities;
* Partner with relevant offices to ensure timely progress of Early Alert activities;
* Participate in other initiatives related to support of Early Alert system; and
* Develop strategies for efficient utilization of Early Alert system.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.The preferred candidate will have:
* Master's degree in either education, advising, technology, or related field.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong technical skills.
* Higher education experience, preferably in a community college setting.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
* Experience with early warning/early alert software, processes, and program management.
* Knowledge of effective student success strategies.
* Knowledge of Digication/ E-portfolio systems as it relates to student retention is a plus.
* Experience working with a diverse college student population, especially in programs with a cohort-model.
* Experience with CUNYfirst or PeopleSoft/Oracle student information system preferred.
* Ability to communicate program requirements effectively to students, as well as to easily build rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
* Experience in educational technology.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWProvides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
* Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
* Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
* Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
* Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
* Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
* Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Administrative SpecialistCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary $47,340 - $81,855CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYAccess CUNYfirst PortalCLOSING DATEApril 12, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Borough of Manhattan CC*Job Title:
* Administrative Early Alert Specialist*Job ID:
* 16487*Full/Part Time: