| POSITION DETAILSLaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps motivated community college students earn degrees as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study, mandatory tutoring, and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid-eligible students and free use of textbooks and monthly MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.The ASAP Administrative Resource Center Coordinator is a member of an integrated team. Reporting to the ASAP Director, the Coordinator will perform, but are not limited to, the following duties:|
* Monitor the intake and tracking of clients and tutoring needs.
* Coordinate the supervision and scheduling of tutors.
* Assist tutors with the development of Tutoring Plans and monitor quality assessment of services provided.
* Maintain records of client needs, client progress, and quality assessment of services provided.
* Collaborate with other campus units to strengthen the support services offering and access for ASAP Students.
* Stay abreast of current and developing trends in Developmental Education and learning assistance programs
* Perform data entry and update office databases, lists, and files to ensure accuracy within set deadlines.
* Compile data for the center in preparation of departmental reports and survey, with brief narratives for these reports.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree required.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSTwo years employment in higher education setting highly preferred.Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access functions and queries preferred.Ability to work with and understand large sums of data, enter ad analyze data, and run reports from a centralized database preferred.Strong understanding of community college student challenges preferred.High aptitude to multitask effectively, meet time-sensitive deadlines, and work in a precise and accurate manner highly preferred.Exceptional organizational, writing, and oral communication skills; ability to work independently and part of a team are preferred.Computer skills are to include an intermediate aptitude with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, and Word) and aptitude to learn new systems as well as an ability to work in a centralized program.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWASAP helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and monthly MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.The ASAP Program Coordinator provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's ASAP program.
* Manages and maintains student enrollment and information databases; collects and maintains statistical data
* Prepares reports and surveys using student information and enrollment data
* Collects information to evaluate program/event success and report results
* Serves as liaison to various College offices to ensure smooth operations and verification of student information
* Creates and distributes marketing and promotional and event materials for ASAP programming
* Assists with the coordination and execution of student activities, workshops, meetings and special events
* Performs related duties as assigned.CUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSCUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYApplications should be submitted on-line as follows:
* Log in to CUNY Portal at www.cuny.edu
* Navigate to the Employment tab and select "Search Job Postings"
* Search by job Opening ID number.
* Click on the Apply Now Button.Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references as one document in rtf, doc or pdf formatCLOSING DATEApril 7, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* LaGuardia Community College*Job Title:
* Academic ASAP Program Coordinator*Job ID:
* 16461*Full/Part Time: