| POSITION DETAILSLaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.The CUNY Fatherhood Academy promotes responsible fatherhood and economic stability by connecting low-income fathers to educational, employment and parenting resources. We serve unemployed and underemployed fathers, ages 18-25 for our High School Equivalency (HSE) program, and ages 18-30 for our College and Career Preparation program.Reporting to the Program Manager of the CUNY Fatherhood Academy, the Outreach Recruitment Coordinator will assist with the implementation of marketing strategies to raise program awareness in communities. Other duties consist of, but not limited to the following:|
* Assist with creation and implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing outreach plan and timeline targeting various agencies, groups, community based organizations and city agencies specific to young fathers and their families.
* Assist in strengthening existing relations, cultivating new relationships, and coordinate the logistics for expanding the program's presence in NYC five boroughs.
* Interact with current and potential community partners through outreach efforts within the tri-state area.
* Schedule, coordinate and conduct daily and weekly recruiting presentations to provide information to various groups, community organizations and city agencies.
* Maintain the schedule of activities and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
* Attend relevant community meetings; participate in local councils, round-tables, and resource fairs.
* Update and maintain current outreach database.
* Coordinate special onsite and community based recruitment events for partners, other community based organizations, as well as elected officials.
* Review and report updates, outcomes and analyze how to continually improve outreach success.
* Track and report program activities and results.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
* Commitment to the mission of serving young fathers across NYC
* Self-starter; ability to manage time effectively; great organizational skills
* Knowledge of strategic planning
* Training in social work, counseling, communication, or business preferred
* Experience with and commitment to working with low-income families and individuals, including youth.
* Excellent collaborative and written communication skills.
* Excellent computer software and database skills.
* Excellent public speaking and presentation skillsCUNY TITLE OVERVIEWConducts and coordinates operations within a Continuing Education or related external program.
* Schedules classes and coordinates room scheduling; prepares faculty schedules
* Orders books and materials; maintains materials libraries.
* Assists in preparing and editing course descriptions and catalogue.
* Advises students on schedules, registration, and payment processes.
* Develops information packets and other materials; updates program web sites; coordinates mailings
* Coordinates student-related activities, such as orientations, open houses, and information fairs.
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Continuing Education CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYFrom CUNY's job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site, www.cuny.edu, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.Candidates should provide a CV/resume and the contact information for three professional referencesCLOSING DATEOpen until filled. Resume Review will begin on March 22, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* LaGuardia Community College*Job Title:
* Outreach Recruitment Coordinator - CUNY Fatherhood Academy*Job ID:
* 16443*Full/Part Time: