Associate Program Manager for Development Services
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development, Development Services
Through the exceptional capabilities and caring spirit of its people, Vanderbilt University Medical Center leads in the delivery of exemplary health care, improving the lives of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally. We combine transformative educational programs, compelling scientific discoveries, and distinctive personalized care to achieve this goal.
To consistently achieve excellence in medical science and health care, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development builds relationships and encourages philanthropic contributions to directly impact todayâs work and to secure a strong future of service. Enthusiastic and timely support from our philanthropic partners enables the Medical Center as a nonprofit academic medical institution to excel in conducting groundbreaking research, training future leaders and providing compassionate care to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Development Services, the Associate Program Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Project collaboration and tracking with communications, analytics, stewardship, finance and gift and donor services, and research and relationship management on reporting and project management. This will include but is not limited to the implementation of a Development Services project tracker
- Collaborate with the lead administrative assistant supporting Development Services as well as the two business process managers within development
- Assist the Vice President for Development with human resources training initiatives as well as consultation
- Compile data for special projects and/or reports
- Prepare agenda and meeting materials (including the creation of power point presentations) for Senior Vice President and Vice President with VUMC leaders, internal customers and high-level donors
- Work independently on projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Vice President and Development Services team
- Generate reports as needed
- Assist with education resource planning for Medical Development team
- Assist with the management of all benchmarking inquiries as needed.
- Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of gift policies and resource documents for VUMC Development.
- Develop strong working relationships with other VUMC offices to make accessing information more productive and efficient.
- Uphold departmental and institutional policies regarding confidential information.
- Work cooperatively with VUMC Development colleagues.
- Travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job requires a Bachelor's degree, 3 years preferred or the equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in developing, managing and implementing donor-centered initiatives. Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in successful change management, process analysis, organizational assessment and project management functions as well as demonstrated ability to pass this knowledge on to others through successful mentoring and collaborative models. Knowledge of software programs applicable to development and Microsoft Excel is also desirable.
Superior organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate the needs, interests and accomplishments of the VUMC to important constituencies are required. Candidate must also have the capacity to perform in an intellectually rigorous and complex academic environment. The ability to apply sound judgment skills in all situations, especially related to management, donor issues and budget, is required. A detailed working knowledge of VUMC is preferred, and an ability to assemble data is important. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.