| Bucknell University is seeking applications for a Coordinator of Intramural Sports/Late Nite within the Department of Athletics and Recreation. The Coordinator oversees a comprehensive student-oriented evening/late-night fitness program at Bucknell University. Key aspects of management include drop-in group fitness classes, formal intramural and group activities, and informal fitness opportunities. Based in the Kenneth G. Langone Athletic & Recreation Center (KLARC), the position also spearheads the evening/late-night marketing initiative and special events for the office of recreation services.|
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Coordinator develops, plans, promotes, organizes, schedules, supervises, and evaluates the Intramural Sports program; supervises, trains, schedules, and evaluates Intramural Sports officials; and directs and manages technology use for the Intramural Sports program.
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Coordinate and schedule all intramural activities.
2. Hire, mentor, supervise, train, evaluate, and schedule student staff.
3. Serve as a primary student development link between the program and student staff.
4. Coordinate with facility personnel for scheduling and operations of intramural programs.
5. Coordinate public relations and marketing pertaining to Intramural Sports.
6. Serve on committees to support the department and University and collaborate with University colleagues to represent the department.
7. Supervise intramural events by frequent on-site presence and availability throughout the seasons to answer questions from officials and participants, help maintain control during games, and help enforce intramural sports rules and regulations including maintaining a high level of sportsmanship and penalize unsporting behavior. Behave in a professional manner when on duty or participating in the Intramural program.
8. Continually strive to maintain and improve risk management practices.
9. Monitor safety hazards such as weather conditions and coordinates emergency procedures while ensuring the safety of Intramural participants by inspecting play area and equipment prior to the start of games/events.
10. Position requires flexible hours and days to accommodate Intramural Sport activities.
11. Supervise the Student Office Staff, Sports Supervisors, and Sports Officials.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Current CPR/AED, First Aid certification
This position requires evening and weekend work responsibilities, as needed, as well as requires the individual to be on-call to provide leadership during times programs are operating.
1. Two years professional student recreation/fitness experience
2. Ability to instruct at least one genre of group fitness classes (i.e. Step Aerobics, Yoga, Kickboxing, Spinning, Pilates, etc)
3. Ability to implement dynamic and motivating fitness programming
4. Ability to supervise groups of diverse, high-achieving, and highly intelligent individuals
5. Ability to market programs effectively to diverse student populations using social media, website, and other direct resources and methods
6. Ability to assess and solve risk management issues in fitness programs and equipment
1. Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day
This position is provided the flexibility to work a fluctuating schedule that accommodates evening, late-night (2am), and special events.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.