A successful Product Strategist will provide research, guidance and support of multiple product lines within the Investment Risk and Analytical Services Team (IRAS). IRAS provides back an middle office tools that assist investment schemes such as Pension Funds, Foundations, Endowments, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Investment Managers and Family offices to provide oversite, measurement and evaluation of their performance, drivers and concentrations of risk, governance reporting, and post trade compliance. IRAS tools are deployed globally in Asia Pacific region, Europe, Middle East, and North America. The strategist will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of our Performance tools and may specialize in Private Equity and Alternative.
The key responsibilities of the role include: As part of the global IRAS Product Management team, supports global initiatives with regular meetings across regions and analysis of non-US markets. Work closely with product developers and project management to oversee the implementation of new products and product enhancements. Conducts market research and competitive analysis to identify key trends in reporting tools and technology.
Responsible for generation of marketing content including product Hot Sheets, sales and marketing PowerPoint slide decks, competitor awareness summary documents, and service related whitepapers. Interfaces with consultants, internal partners, and clients to determine servicing requirements and problem solving strategies.
Works to become the technical expert on various products and consults internally and externally with clients as needed. Supports the IRAS team by providing product insights and sales support for cross sell support for institutional clients.
Works closely with IRAS product developers and project managers through regular status meetings on project initiatives.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Strategic thinking, project management, and/or product development background
- Investment Performance Measurement expertise knowledge and skills usually acquired through an advanced degree program, related work experience, or related certifications such as: CFA / CIPM / FRM / CAIA or other related investment certification
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required to understand the provide investment risk analysis and reporting solutions.
- Broad investment knowledge across all investment classes
- Strong presentation building skills and power point presentation expertise
- 5- 10 years of investment related experience
Additional relevant systems knowledge in the following is beneficial:
- Performance Calculations systems (i.e. Axiom, FactSet, BondEdge, Advent)
- Factor based risk systems (MSCI Barra, StatPro).
- Compliance Monitoring sytems (Charles River, MIG21, in-house pre and post trade compliance systems
- Private Equity (Investran, Burgiss Privat-I)