Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This position is a career development role within Invesco Canada’s Institutional Sales and Service organization. Partnering closely with sales, client service and consultant relations professionals, the Associate will learn sales processes and operations, provide client service for specific strategic relationships, provide analytical support for new business development, support marketing and sales initiatives, augment distribution efforts, and enhance the firm’s overall sales efforts. Over a three-to-five year time frame, this role will offer the developing financial professional a broad array of experiences and training, with a focus toward a long-term career in the asset management, institutional sales/consultant relations or analytical operations of Invesco.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Using a consultative approach, maximize sales and asset retention through the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with institutional prospects
- Act in a support role to provide better service to all our external working relationships, supporting sales and prospecting efforts, existing client relationships, and consultant requests
- Coordinate all aspects of the existing relationships, working closely with the appropriate Sales/Service/Consultant Relations Professional and investment centers to ensure all client/consultant/prospect servicing needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Serve as day-to-day contact for all client needs and ensure delivery against reporting needs of the client by working with internal business partners. Participate in client reviews when appropriate.
- Assist in the integration and onboarding of assigned new business, working with internal groups (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Operations)
- To review investment management agreements and investment guidelines of the client to thoroughly understand requirements
- Develop a point of view on client investment objectives and possible solutions through understanding IVZ capabilities and external research using the Internet
- Develop methodical prospecting protocols with sales team using databases and tools such as Money Market Directory, iiSearches, Findaily and other sources of industry information
- Working with the Sales and the Product teams, create various types of sales analysis (territory, competitor, prospect, sector/investor)
- Assist the Sales professionals by creating compelling, tailored materials for use with clients, prospects, or consultants as necessary
- Assemble information from Invesco and outside sources, and coordinate with the Admin team on production and distribution
- Support development of and track performance against execution of business plans for each client, prospect and consultant assigned
- Be an active user of the CRM tool in all client, prospect and consultant interactions
- Participate in specific Canadian Institutional Sales & Service business initiatives to improve overall team performance, in particular efforts related to enhancing reporting to or communication