The Behavioral Health Center @ Northeast Parent & Child Society is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health to provide out-patient mental health treatment services to youth, their families and caregivers who need help managing children’s emotional and behavioral challenges.
Youth who are 21 years of age or younger and who are experiencing social, emotional, family, or mental health related challenges are eligible for services. The Behavioral Health Center @ Northeast is specialized in providing trauma-informed care, including treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.
We are searching for a Director of our Behavioral Health Center in Schenectady. The home office for this position is 530 Franklin St Schenectady, NY and the primary responsibility is to develop, shape, and oversee the staff and services offered so that it may best advance the agency’s mission, strategic plan and is in line with the agency’s core values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Function within Agency’s policies & procedures as outlined in employee, practice, and fiscal manuals.
2. Chair and/or attend regular and announced meetings pertinent to the position.
3. Participate on intra-, inter-, community-based, Coalition/advocacy, and governmental agency committees as the position may require.
4. Establish and maintain productive and positive working relationships and communication with peers, Agency staff, and representatives of external organizations and individuals.
5. Assure culturally sensitive practice in all areas of professional performance.
6. Identify, review, and discuss in regularly scheduled supervision and performance evaluation process the knowledge, skills, and tools needed in order to succeed in the assigned job.
7. Assure all annual compliance requirements for staff are met according to schedule, including training and performance evaluation.