Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for a full-time Director of the Center for Academic Resources and Enhancement (CARE). This is an 11-month position, with a start date of August 1, 2017.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a private liberal arts college in Saint Peter, Minn., that prepares 2,400 undergraduates for lives of leadership, service, and lifelong learning. Fully accredited and known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus hosts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and is internationally recognized for its annual Nobel Conference.
The director will provide services to help students make the most of their academic experience at Gustavus. CARE helps students to build on their strengths through individualized academic advising and skill development, educational accommodations for those with health conditions that affect their academics, and tutoring for multilingual students. The director will help coordinate and support the faculty-based academic advising program and partner with multiple campus offices supporting student success and retention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading and supporting the work of CARE which partners with campus constituents around advising, academic support services, and accessibility for students.
- Supervise staff and students, including the Associate Director(s), Accessibility Resources Coordinator, Accessible Technology and Retention Specialist, Multilingual Learner (MLL) Tutor, peer academic coaches, and graduate interns.
- Provide training and continuing support for faculty and staff engaged in academic advising in conjunction with faculty leaders.
- Support and participate in all-College efforts related to admission and retention.
- Participate with other units of the College in promoting student progress toward degree completion, including academic warning, probation, suspension, and petition processes.
- Plan and oversee summer advising and registration for new students, as well as for mid-year and fall transfer students and international students in collaboration with other units of the College.
- Meet individually with students and faculty concerning student academic issues and provide student academic case management.
- Responsible for registration of readmitted students including those returning from medical leave or suspension.
- Service on faculty and college-wide committees and working groups related to advising and student success.
- Other duties as assigned.