The position of Systems Librarian is a full-time, exempt position of 40 hours per week providing technical support and oversight of library systems. The Systems Librarian manages all computer technology services, including the Voyager integrated library system. This position reports to the Associate Library Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administer the Library’s integrated library system (Voyager), including maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, customizations, and end user support
- Work with the BAC’s Information Technology Department to ensure adequate system backups, production of appropriate reports and statistics, and resolution of any additional server-related issues
- Maintain positive working relationship with vendors to report, monitor, and resolve system problems, and to plan and schedule training and system upgrades as needed
- Investigate, select, (in conjunction with other Library staff) and implement new software technologies and tools to enhance Library resources and services, including planning for future ILS system
- Maintain, upgrade and customize Serials Solutions 360Link
- Work closely with the BAC’s Information Technology staff to maintain and customize locally developed Article ILL management platform
- Assist with technical aspects of LibGuides implementation and maintenance
- Work closely with Associate Director on issues under her purview.
- Monitor and customize SenSource people counting system and VeaView reporting software.
- Manage statistics for Library in conjunction with Library Director and Associate Director
- Participate in special projects as necessary
- Provide reference service at the circulation desk up to 12 hours per week
Standards of Professionalism
A.Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and more senior staff. These persons must thus be approached in a way that makes them feel valued as individuals and team members and takes into account the necessities of work as seen from their perspective.
B.Service orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school through you.
C. Confidentiality and discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of prospective/student and faculty records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.
- ALA accredited MLS or MLIS required + 2 years experience
- Must have experience with an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Website development experience (HTML, CSS).
- Working knowledge of web development languages: PHP, PERL preferred
- Experience with XSLT templates
- Experience with Microsoft Access reporting
- Familiarity and facility with software application programs is essential
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and aptitude for acquiring new technical skills