$5,784.58 - $11,838.00
Job Posting Number:
B26 – B28
1132 - 1133
Open Until Closed
Number of Openings:
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
The ideal candidate will perform advanced hedge fund investment research and analysis. The work includes the following: ongoing monitoring/evaluation, sourcing of new investment opportunities, peer comparison, performance review and discussion, strategy evaluation, business risk evaluation, position monitoring, and among other core tasks. Due diligence on individual hedge funds will be used in the construction of the Absolute Return Portfolio, but may have further uses in other areas of the Trust. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Director of Hedge Funds with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, but additional communications will be provided across the team.
- Communicate directly with hedge fund managers and their senior investment staff to help assess strategy strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Communicate strategy and investment recommendations through written (including presentations) and/or oral reports.
- Follow general economic, regulatory, and political developments as well as public equity and debt markets globally.
- Maintain documentation and analysis supporting all investment recommendations.
- Maintain information databases and portfolio management systems (i.e. Backstop Solutions). This is inclusive of performance reporting.
- Maintain and report on risk management and oversight of hedge fund investments.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other investment staff and ERS employees.
- Maintain a professional relationship with vendors, General Partners, and other Limited Partners.
- Comply with the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Comply with ethics standards and restrictions on personal investment activities set forth in the ERS Investment Policy.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures including safety and standards of conduct.
- Travel to conferences to source new opportunities and speak with other hedge fund allocators.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in finance, business administration, economics or a related field.
- Experience with hedge fund portfolio design, construction, due diligence, allocation, implementation and monitoring.
- Four (4) years (for IA III) to five and one-half (5.5) years (for IA IV) of relevant hedge fund or fund of hedge fund experience with familiarity with risk management.
- Experience using Bloomberg, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Backstop Solutions, and other various statistical programs.
- Must be articulate, organized, have good grammatical skills, and able to work as a team player.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
6. Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, or graduate studies in finance or related field
7. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current participation in the CFA program
8. Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation or current participation in the CAIA program
9. Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation with a further desire to complete either the CAIA or CFA programs
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. Domestic and international travel is required. This position may require access to privileged, confidential or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquires can be made to email@example.com .
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no applicable Military Occupational Specialty Codes for this position. Please contact Human Resources at Employment@ers.state.tx.us with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.state.tx.us Web: www.ers.state.tx.us
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989