The TAY (Transition Age Youth) Clinician provides therapeutic services, including counseling, case management, permanency planning, and crisis intervention, to youth and young adults ages 16-25. Clinicians are members of a treatment team, and provide services at the program site and in the community, including schools, and family homes. Solano County TAY Services aim to address mental health symptoms that are impacting the youth’s ability to successfully transition into adulthood. In addition to symptom management and reduction, clinicians collaborate with youth to identify and work toward overall wellness goals, such as increasing independent skills, expanding their support network, accessing community resources, and pursuing employment and educational opportunities.
Services build on the values and strengths of each young adult and family, and are tailored to meet their unique and changing needs. As our approach to services is youth driven, each client identifies the focus of their treatment, as well as the people they want on their treatment team, which may include supportive family, friends, or community members. Participation is voluntary, and youth are able to decide when they are ready for mental health services to end.
- Serve as the clinical lead and work with the treatment team to provide intake assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention and other mental health services as needed at the program site, in client homes, and in the community.
- Provide counseling, family therapy, and case management services to help clients achieve wellness goals relative to their transition into adulthood.
- Collaborate with youth to develop their sustainable wellness plan that includes identifying their network of natural supports.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community members, service providers, and county partners.
- Participate in the program’s on call phone rotation.
- Participate in all staff meetings, trainings, and client meetings when necessary.
- Complete mental health notes, treatment plans, outcome measures, incident reports, and other documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings, and weekends as needed
- Competitive Salary
- Additional increase in salary for bilingual abilities in Spanish and English upon successful completion of the bilingual language proficiency exam.
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Employee benefits include:medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.